If you would like to learn more about the Hitty book and doll, please seek out the following articles on eBay for additional information:
- "Where Is Hitty?" by Dottie Baker in Doll Reader (February/March 1986).
- "'Hitty' Is Found!" by Nancy Reinhart Charlton in Doll Reader (August/September 1988).
- "Hitty's Legacy" by Dottie Baker in Doll Reader (October 1994).
- "Hitty approaches the Millennium" by Virginia Ann Heyerdahl in Doll Reader (November 1998).
- "Make a Cloth Hitty" by Barb Spencer in Soft Dolls & Animals (February/March 2000).
- "Dolls and Books: A celebration of 'Doll' Fiction" by Dian Zillner and Marianne Clay in Doll Reader (June/July 2003).
- "Travels with My Hitty" by Kathy Witt in Dolls (October 2003).
- "Hello Hitty" by Trina Laube in Dolls (October 2003).
- "Cloth Hitty" (pattern) by Barbara Spencer in Soft Dolls & Animals (March 2004).
- "Hitty, Storied Sweetheart" by Virginia Ann Heyerdahl in Doll Reader (May 2005).
- "Carving Hitty in the South" by Jill St. Clair Sturgeon in Doll News (Spring 2012).
- "Adventurous, Unstoppable Hitty" by Nicki Burley in Doll News (Winter 2013).
- "What Every Hitty Needs" by Nicki Burley in Doll News (Winter 2013).